What are the most important qualities of a programming language when you are starting from scratch?
- how easy to get a prototype out?
- will it scale? or do i need to scale right now?
- what existing code libraries are out there and do they support my industry?
- what kind of talent is out there?
- do i already know the language?
- does the language encourage good developer habits?
- is the language well accepted by a large community/industry?
- Saturday, March 19
- Ruby on Rails
These are notes from a session at sxsw interactive. My own take on topics are mixed in with what the presenters were actually saying, so do not assume all of this content is my own.